- Contract floorcoverings sales reached a low point in 2011, but have subsequently grown by 7% to reach an estimated £950m in 2015.
- The market has evolved over the last decade in terms of both specifications and product mix, with trend away from carpet to “smooth” floorcoverings with greater integration of floorcoverings types within a single installation.
- Modular floorcoverings have risen to prominence over the last decade, initially through carpet tiles but more recently encompassing vinyl tiles (particularly LVT).
- Contract vinyl has been at the forefront of product innovation in recent years with the development of a wide range of sector specific products.
- Key issue for suppliers of contract floorcoverings remains the ongoing capability to compete, particularly given the development of larger floorcoverings groups in recent years.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Contract Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.