- The UK building boards market is worth around £1 billion.
- Polymer boards are the largest sector, with ‘specialist boards’ growing and account for over 10% of the market.
- PIR insulation boards are the largest sector in the rigid polymer boards market, but XPS accounts for an annual 20% share.
- The market for specialist boards is worth over £100m, with calcium silicate boards one of the leading sectors.
- Building Merchants and Specialist Distributors are the leading distribution channels.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Building Boards Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.