- The market for paint, wallcoverings and woodcare is estimated to have grown by 13%, and in 2015 value regained the pre-recession peak level.
- Competitive pricing remains a key factor of the total market but is particularly prevalent in the paints sector as suppliers continue to fight for share.
- The Wallcoverings sector continues to benefit from proliferation of designer brands as well as higher value products such as photo walls/murals.
- A reduction in DIY skills base and lack of time for DIY activities has led to increase in the “get someone in” trend which has significantly benefited the market.
- Supply structure remains focused upon a small number of very larger suppliers, as well as a number of smaller suppliers targeting specialist or niche sectors.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Paint, Wallcoverings and Woodcare Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.