- The market for door and window fabricators is estimated to have grown by 9% since 2013, with an estimated value of £2.1bn at trade prices in 2015.
- Residential windows are the largest sector, accounting for around 35% of the market.
- Commercial windows and curtain walling account for around 25% of the market and have experienced some recovery in recent years.
- Bifold doors are a major growth area in the last 3 years.
- While PVCu dominates the domestic window market, composites have gained significant share in the residential door market – now accounting for around 30% of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Door and Window Fabricators Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.