- By value, the market for controlled waste management is estimated at just under £10bn in 2016.
- EfW, landfill and other non-hazardous waste treatment & disposal services are estimated to account for up to 45% of industry revenues.
- It is estimated the largest overall revenue stream for waste management contractors is the non-municipal sector.
- The top 5 companies represent over 40% of the turnover in the industry.
- Almost 50% of CIW is recovered for recycling, with the retail & wholesale industry accounting for around 25% of the total.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Waste Management Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.