- The aggregate turnover of the UK's 30 biggest construction firms (Tier 1 firms), reached around £53.3bn in 2016-17.
- London was the most significant area in terms of contracts awarded in 2016, with the total value of contracts awarded reaching around £14.5bn for the year.
- With significant infrastructure projects planned, the North West is also a key region for contractors, with the value of contracts in 2016 worth around £7.9bn (11% of total UK contracts).
- In terms of construction supply, two thirds of the top 30 contractors are engaged in University construction.
- Commercial offices have experienced the highest level of construction output growth in 2015 and 2016, increasing by 33% to £11.9bn.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Construction Contractors Market Report – Focus on Sector Capability and Strategy - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.