- Mineral wool products account for 30% of the insulation products market by value.
- It is estimated that in 2016 the domestic new build sector accounted for just under a third of the market.
- Glass wool rolls and quilts accounted for nearly 60% of the UK retrofit loft market for insulation by volume 2016.
- PIR/PUR boards are the most widely used insulation product for flat roofing, accounting for just over 60% of area installed.
- Builders' merchants and DIY multiples account for some 18-20% of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Building Insulation Products Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.