- Annual construction output within the leisure and entertainment sector is around £6 billion, of which the sports sector accounts for an estimated 25%.
- It is estimated that the UK sports construction market was worth around £1.5 billion in 2017.
- Schools, colleges and higher education institutions for around 30% of total output within the sports construction market.
- Football stadiums and facilities accounted for 38% of UK professional sports facilities construction in the period of 2011-2017.
- The eight national contractors with the largest shares account for just around a third of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Construction in the Sports Sector Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.