- As part of the Government's Roads Investment Strategy, Highways England will deliver 15 smart motorway projects providing 280 extra miles of capacity on England's roads.
- In 2017, airport construction output climbed by 6% to reach an estimated £900m.
- Sea ports and harbours construction was almost £200m lower in 2017 than in 2015.
- In 2016-17, Network Rail spent 3.5% more than in 2015-16 on RMI.
- In 2017, infrastructure accounted for 30% of non-housing contractors new work output.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Transport Infrastructure Construction and RMI Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.