- Growth of online sales of garden products has outpaced the overall garden products market in recent years, with internet sales more than doubling in value 2011-16, reaching an estimated £635m in 2016.
- In 2015, the Internet sector accounted for an estimated 12% of the total garden products market and is forecast to increase to over 18% by 2020.
- Non-specialist e-tailers (such as DIY multiples) account for the majority share of internet garden products sales in 2015-16.
- The garden centre has been a 'late adopter' in terms of internet sales focusing instead on gardening tips & advice, but this is now beginning to change with a number of the larger garden centre chains now offering some products for sale via the internet.
- Outlook for the sector remains positive with increased sales of garden products via the internet.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Internet Garden Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724