- The market for data centre construction is estimated to be valued at around £1bn in 2015 with data sovereignty issues underpinning the market.
- Connectivity providers, such as carriers, mobile operators and ISPs account for the largest sub-sector within the co-location providers accounting for 35% of this sector.
- An estimated 80% of all data centre space is accounted for by owner occupiers.
- It is estimated that new build work accounts for a 34% share of the market by value, down from 2013, reflecting high levels of new build at that time.
- In terms of the estimated cost breakdown for the build of an average data centre, materials account for the largest share at 56%.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Data Centre Construction Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.