- In 2017, the UK underfloor heating market accounted for around 7% of the total heating systems sector.
- Imports of UFH remain high, with some manufacturers sourcing components from abroad, although full assembly of UFH kits may take place within their own facility.
- The domestic sector is currently a key driver of growth within the underfloor heating market, both for electric and water-based systems.
- Product innovations have made UFH systems easier to install, broadening their appeal for the retrofit market. Low profile UFH options are now widely available.
- The distribution of UFH continues to be dominated by direct supply, although the online sector continues to grow.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Underfloor Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022' available for purchase now.