- In 2017, Facilities Management outsourcing in the central and local government market was estimated to be worth over £4.3bn.
- Social housing accounts for 45% of market value.
- The total running cost of the central government mandated estate in 2015/16 was estimated at over £2.5bn.
- The housing associations' stock has generally been rising over the last few years, increasing 6% between 2012 and 2016.
- The UK FM market is fragmented in nature, with the leading 5 operators only accounting for an estimated 35% of market value.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Facilities Management Outsourcing – Central and Local Government Sector Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.