- The market for passive fire protection products is expected to see value growth of 8% by 2020.
- New build growth in the offices and industrial sectors has supported demand across a number of product areas including structural fire resistance, glass, partitions, doors etc.
- Fire resistant doors, fitting and seals are the largest sector of the market, accounting for around 60% of total market value.
- Trade sources suggest that intumescent coatings are used in up to 70% of new steel construction.
- New construction activity remains a key driver for passive fire protection products, and forecasts for 2015 indicate that non-domestic new work will increase by 4%.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Passive Fire Protection Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724