- Cleaning and hygiene services often form part of a total facilities management contract, typically comprising around 12-15% of the total contract value.
- Contract cleaning is estimated to account for around 70% of the total UK market for cleaning services in 2016.
- The commercial sector, particularly offices, remain a key end use sector in the cleaning market with a share of 43%.
- Nearly 90% of the firms competing in the industry employ less than 10 individuals.
- Market estimates indicate that contract cleaners account for the bulk of cleaning equipment sales, estimated at around 75% of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's 'Contract Cleaning Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' available for purchase now.