- The key product sector for the general industrial product distributors is the health and safety product group with 10% share, illustrating the fragmentation of the industry.
- The market growth is forecast to be relatively modest, showing an 8% gain through to the end of 2021.
- The four leading distributors in this market account for 40-50% of the industry between them.
- General industrial distributors play a significant role in the distribution of engineering & metal working products, accounting for just over 60% of the market.
- The distribution of fluid and air control products within the industrial products distribution market is dominated by just 3 companies with around two thirds of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'General Industrial Products Distribution Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.