- Smart heating controls and linked devices account for 36% of the market. This has increased significantly in recent years.
- The forecast growth of “the Internet of Things” –IoT- (‘smart’ household gadgets) is likely to result in increased connectivity within home networks.
- The evolution of voice control devices is likely to drive more interest in home automation.
- The market is highly fragmented with 10 suppliers accounting for around 50% of the market.
- The tools market is relatively evenly split between power and hand tools, with power tools accounting for an estimated 50-55% share of the market and hand tools for around 45-50% share.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Tool Distribution Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.