1) The size of the dealers’ market has been falling for many years, reaching just under £300m in 2014, compared with £358m in 2008.
2) The majority of office furniture is still distributed through dealers and contractors, with the direct selling channel as the second largest, currently estimated to account for 25%.
3) 57% of dealers source from between seven and nine different core suppliers for their products.
4) The share of the market held by the leading six office furniture suppliers has stabilised at around 35-37% in recent years.
5) The share taken by the SOHO market has increased in recent years and now accounts for around 28% of the overall office furniture market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Office Furniture Dealers Market Report - UK 2014-2018 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.