1) The overall value of the market was estimated at £1.8bn in 2013 covering products and materials.
2) The share of the market taken by curtain walling systems and structural glazing is 24% by value, but by volume it is significantly lower.
3) The end use mix for composite wall panels is led by commercial and public sector newbuild, which is estimated to account for 42% of the sector.
4) 2013 showed a sharp drop in activity levels for external wall insulation systems, to around 7.5m m2 reflecting the demise of the CERT energy programme in December 2012.
5) Natural stone is used as traditional masonry and as facades on backing panels, with a market size estimated at 500k-700k m2.