- The more positive economic outlook influenced the number of householder improvements granted, with a slight upturn in 2013 and a 3% uplift forecast for 2014.
- Single storey extensions were estimated to account for around 37% of householder developments in 2013.
- In terms of regions, England accounted for 89% of householder developments in 2013.
- Roofing products used in the building extension sector account for around 11% of all materials used in this sector.
- Solar thermal and photovoltaic and ground and air source heat pumps account for almost two thirds of heating and ventilation installations.
The ‘Home Extensions Market Report – GB 2014-2018 Analysis’ is published by AMA Research, a leading provider of market research and consultancy services with over 25 years’ experience within the construction and home improvement markets. The report is available now and can be ordered online at www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.