Did you know that...
1) In 2014 the upholstered furniture market was worth an estimated £1.7bn (at MSP), with the domestic sector accounting for around 90% in value terms.
2) Sales of individual sofas have risen to some 27% of the market.
3) The value share of leather material finish increased rapidly in the period from 1999 to 2007, although share has fallen slowly more recently to around half the market.
4) Divans account for around 33% of the Beds market by value.
5) The non-domestic sector is estimated to account for 12% of the beds market by value.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Upholstered Furniture and Beds Market Report - UK 2014-2018 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.